Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Healing

So I continue to walk almost daily - as much to get out as to exercise. I walk at the park a few times a week with Vanessa and some of the ward's young women (she's in the YW presidency). Sometimes I walk at a mall (like last night with Jake and Ashlee). But I MOVE. And when I move, my mind becomes unstuck - which is why I used to love my long runs - it was the only time my mind could really unravel. I gain some perspective and for a time I'm distracted from my cares.

That's been important as I try to sort out what it is my Father in Heaven wants from and for me; in relationships, health, home, finances, work. And it's coming. But the way it comes is a little at a time, just when I need it, and after I've taken a step or two (or more) into the darkness of the unknown. As I put one step in front of the other I find what I need to know or to do.

It's quite a parallel really, this step-at-a-time healing and progression both physically and spiritually/emotionally/mentally. A step at a time. Trusting - in myself, in the promptings of the Holy Ghost, in God's ability and intent to reach my reaching.

I still face the same problems as a month ago, but with a greater degree of understanding and hope as progress is made; as I WORK toward resolutions in faith. Seeking the higher good of Heavenly Father's will for me allows me to pray and work for what I feel is best while allowing Him to reveal a higher, greater plan. And it's a formula that is working. It has worked before which is the reason I'm blessed to be able to trust in it now. As a former counselor said to me once - "You can't be a stranger to God and expect to find His goodness". I've practiced not being a stranger to Him.

So I'm healing.
‘All that happens becomes bread to nourish, soap to cleanse, fire to purify, a chisel to carve heavenly features. Everything is a channel of His Grace.’
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp.
I sure am being chiseled and burned and scrubbed and fed right now! But it's all good - literally. I am His and I am well.

No comments: